Thursday, March 17, 2005

Holy Crap!

Because we all know how accurate these online quizzes are :p

(I decided to post this here rather than at my other site so as not to dilute the message in my post there on Immoral Evangelists, but it's just too frickin' funny (esp. in light of that article) to let it get away all together.)

You scored as Satanism. Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Satanism

88%

atheism

58%

Buddhism

38%

agnosticism

38%

Paganism

33%

Judaism

29%

Islam

17%

Christianity

4%

Hinduism

0%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com



Ok, yeah, So I did some research. The only thing I found that applied (courtesy of Wiki) was:
Martin Luther himself would have denied any link between his teachings and Satan, this use of the term Satanism was primarily pejorative. Many Satanists find such use of the term offensive.

Modernly, a large number of Satanists eschew what might be considered traditional religious beliefs, attitudes and worship, in favor of more egoistic worldviews


and
Philosophically, it could be described as heavily influenced by the writings of Aleister Crowley, Niccolò Machiavelli, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ayn Rand, and a few others; "Satan" is appropriated as a positive symbol of this worldview, and is not considered to exist in a literal fashion. Theologically, each individual Satanist is viewed as his or her own god [...]


So if holding Man as the *supreme being* and the only thing worthy of worship being his *earthly* life is Satanism, I guess I'm guilty as charged. LoL but what a ridiculous way to describe it. None of that majick shite applies to me so I think even this snippet is quite a stretch.

Earlier today another quiz pegged me as a liberal!! I'm not sure which I'm more appalled by. I figured that other test had to mean *liberal* in the classic sense of the word. As opposed to say *hippy*

Oy, No more tests for me :p


Hat Tip: A Son of Liberty

2 Comments:

Anonymous Eric Clayton said...

Liberal Satanist,eh? So that explains the vote for Kerry! :D

12:41 AM  
Blogger Sarah Beth said...

LoL, my bad premises have been revealed, I must've really been a mess eh ;)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home